We’re back with Episode 3. In this episode we do a meta-breakdown of the ESA’s study of the failed descent of the Schiaparelli lander on Mars. We also talk about the bizarre dimming pattern exhibited by the star KIC 8462842 (AKA “Tabby’s Star”). Is it an alien megastructure built to harness the tremendous power of the star (AKA a Dyson Sphere)? More importantly, will we find Scotty locked in the pattern buffer of the crashed USS Jenolan there?
- Schiaparelli: Crashed lander was ill-prepared for Mars (via the BBC)
- That weird “alien megastructure’ star is dimming again right now. (via Pop Sci)
- Video: What is a Dyson Sphere? (via Universe Today)
- Listen to Episode 1 and Episode 2
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Google Play
Thanks for listening as always! Feel free to drop us a line in the comments. Let us know what you think of the episode and if you have any suggestions for future episode topics. Enjoy!